Friday 6 August 2010

Make Plans.


'Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans' - John Lennon

John, you are a wonder but I'm not down with this one. Looking back on summers past I recognize a trend in the period between June and September. It goes something like: "woops forgot to book that" followed by "yeah maybe" and then after a lovely family stint to Greece where you inevitably don't achieve the tan you were aiming for you look over your shoulder, sigh and think "I wish I'd made more plans".

I, like most, value spontaneity highly and would reward anyone who would describe their life as being wholly spontaneous but I'd also think they were a stinky liar and properly harbor various atoms of jealousy. I find that a variety and experience comes from planning ahead.

Lesson 78. Definately make plans, stick to them, experience them and document them. Sweet.

1 comment: