Tuesday 14 June 2011

Johnny Flynn Writes a Poem




Tracey Emins show lead to the purchase of this divine book. With rounded corners and thick blank pages - Stationary love right there. On Sunday we went in persuit of the talented beautiful man himself. The dreamer and poet and father and godman was standing modestly to the right of the stage before his performance so I scuttled up to speak to him and he wrote this Dorothy Parker poem in my book for me. Timidly he scrawled, stopping to tuck his dishelvelled hair behind his ear. The Slow Clubs Rebecca then did the same so I thought of it as maybe a mini project of sorts. I ask myself what if the book had said, well, something else.

The Poem reads:

"Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live."
Dorothy Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment